Monday, June 15, 2009

A late status report...

Well, I'm back after 3 months, and all I can say is "busy busy busy!"

I honestly can't remember what happened the whole time; except we were running here and running there.

Anyways, I'm loving this hot weather we're having, it makes me want to go outside and actually do something besides sitting on the computer like I'm doing right now.
Funny. Why am I still here boring you? Because I've got a little piece of excitement to share with you! (Yeah right.)

I'm going to be a knitting teacher for a whole bunch of juvi kids!!

WOOT!

Yeah, ok, so it's not that exhilarating but I'm pretty pumped about it. Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, my grandma's church had a fund raiser for this thing called the Legacy Camp; it's a organization that helps kids who've been abused or neglected have some fun and encouragement through creativity. This is my first time volunteering, and even though I'm pumped... I'm also a bit nervous. I really don't want to come back from this camp and feel I've taught these kids nothing, or feel like I've poorly communicated with them. I have had a whole bunch of encouragement from everyone - which really gave me a big confidence boost, but as everyone knows, I'm a big chicken; so mucho encouragement is mucho good.

That's what has been on my mind for the last month, just pray that I don't screw up something or do something that will cause the world to end.

PRAY FOR ME PEOPLE- I DON'T HAVE MUCH FINGERNAIL LEFT.

No comments: