Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Legacy Camp

It's the third day of the Legacy Camp; I finally had some time to sit down and tell you
people all about it...

first off....

I LOVE IT.

Working with these kids is such an awesome experience - I am seriously enjoying every minute of it. The knitting classes are going very well and the kids are doing great. It's such a reward, to be able to see the expressions on their faces brighten when they see that they can, indeed, knit!
It's also very sad to see the long, strained and worn look in these kid's eyes that make you want to do more than just teach them how to knit; so Mom and I are putting together little knitting gift bags for them to take home.

On the last day, I'm going to knit up some scarves for the girls, and Mom's going to knit wrist warmers for the boys. (yes, we have boys; and they're very enthusiastic - for boys, anyway!)

I'll give more updates as soon as I can, but lemme tell ya, I get pretty worn out teaching and usually end up going to bed one or two hours earlier than normal!

P.S. Yesterday while we were loading up the truck, my project's yarn ball slipped out of the top of a bag (right before Mom shut the truck door, apparently without seeing it fall out) and so we ended up driving off with this long strand of orange yarn flying behind us; (gosh, that was probably pretty stupid looking.) I never found the rest of the ball, but I'll upload pictures of the pathetic, muddy tail-end later. Mom was VERY upset at herself, but I thought it was hysterically funny and couldn't quit laughing about it.

No comments: